Tuesday

My Eyes


Aurora - SOLD

I think my eyes are starting to complain about all this close up work, I need nagging to go to the opticians! Years ago, and I mean B.E (Before Elli) in fact B.M (Before marriage) I had my eyes tested as my Auntie was diagnosed with Glaucoma, I need glasses for close up work, I had them as a Birthday gift (very expensive) and I hated wearing them. At the time I worked as a photographers assistant - setting up lights, booking in clients, sorting through the photographs, adding client base to computor, loading film etc. My head was up and down and I started getting headaches from glasses on and off, or in my case not taking them off at the right moments. So guess what I gave up wearing them.....

Tundra - RESERVED

Of course I now need to be rechecked and my eyes are so sore in the evenings, I think they are crying for help. I'm just so bad at gtting myself checked out for some reason... you'd think after all my health scares I would be the opposite, sadly anything which is slightly invasive of my person I run screaming for the hills. WEll I suppose there's always more valium ....

ANd yes I am joking ;p





11 comments:

Kara said...

oh Jo seriously get them done you are only making them worse, I hate wearing my glasses but because I didn't my now good eye (blind in the other) I have to wear them full time as I tired them out.
Be brave sweet firend, you will make glasses rock
xxx

Rowanberry said...

Look after your eyes! You need them to carry on making such beautiful jewellery. I need it for my gemheaven jewellery perving fix :D

Anonymous said...

I understand your feelings about anything invasive and share them completely. My eyes went years ago when I worked in advertising; the tiny print just got to me. I hated wearing glasses but recently have gone back to them as they make such cool designs now. I'm sure with that fabulous black hair of yours you could find something wonderful, that is if you can get over the dread of the exam! ;-)

BetteJo said...

I have to wear my glasses to pick out hair color - cough - if I were buying hair color!
I just mean - you're lucky to have been able to do close work on your jewelry for this long!

Get the new glasses Jo, you will really be happy you did!

Anonymous said...

Did you make the clasp for this piece by hand? It looks similar to some of the clasps I have made for my jewelry.

Anonymous said...

With all the intricate wirework you do, I can imagine your eyes are strained. Especially if you need glasses but don't wear them. Promis that you'll go get them checked, if only so you won't have to give up making your beautiful designs.

Cynthia Newcomer Daniel said...

I just awarded you the Arte y Pico award! Pop over to my blog, Behind the Scenes at Jewelry Tales (http://cindydaniel.blogspot.com/2008/08/arte-y-pico-award.html) to see what I've written about you!

Anonymous said...

Jo!
Get you some new specs babe, you have beautiful eyes - look after em.

Oh and you might want to change the link to my blog. Grab me on msn and I'll tell you why?
Sarah

Gemheaven said...

Thank you all I will book an appointment tomorrow...

Karn (of tailored Treasures) yes I made the clasp myself :)

Anonymous said...

cool creation, keep creating such jewellerirs

Anonymous said...

Nice too nice, too... beautiful, i cant stop myself having a second at this jewellery,