Tuesday

I went on my hols

Kennack Sands ~ Reserved
I did, the family, some friends and I!!! But did I take any pics??? Nope - and yes I am kicking myself now! Mind you the weather was appalling , more like October than August - rain and winds - in fact my feet got so muddy - I refuse to wear wellies ( I was on my summer hols) but camping probably wasn't the best place to rebel, as the story my poor feet are telling now! Mullion is a beautiful part of Cornwall, quite wild (the way I like it) and the coast line is superb. Kynance Cove is a definite one to inspire a future design - in fact I can feel one bubbling up ;) Take a look at the website pics - much better than the ones I would have taken - because yes it was raining AGAIN!!

The Colour of Sunsets

Being neither north of south really on the Lizard Peninsula - does that make sense? - I saw some fabulous sunsets - on the rare occassion we had sun and this one sums up all the colours I saw. Beads by Caroline Cash of course with delicious Karen Hill Tribe Silver! Of course we all know the saying red sky @ night Shepherds Delight - which means a dry day following and I think the most perfect sunset I saw did actually mean this!! WE actually made it to the beach!

Splashing the Waves ~ RESERVED

Of course now we're home and now preparing for my Elli's (and mine) birthdays - a seven year olds party - please pray for dry weather!!! I can't believe she is seven - doesn't time fly when you are having fun!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I thought the name sounded familiar! We visited the Lizard a couple of weeks ago (I found that a nearby coffee shop makes the best brownies- ever). We stayed at St Just which I absolutely love. I don't know what it is about the place but I find it so peaceful. I love Cornwall no matter the weather (and it DID rain while we were there).

I'm glad you're back Jo so that I can enjoy your blog once again.

Ali P said...

Sounds like you had fun, even if it was a bit of a wash-out. I have been dreaming of coming to Cornwall camping this summer (I was 2 last time I came that far down, so don't remember much!). A colleague at work put me onto the Kynance Cove web pics about 6 weeks ago and I have been hoping for some real August weather ever since. I have a couple of weeks off to play with at the end of the month, but it's not looking promising weather-wise :(
The new jewellery you have posted is beautiful, as always.
Ali

deehebard said...

I am so happy you are back...I checked everyday...no Jo. It is great to see some new pretties!
Glad you had a nice holiday. Our summer here in the states has been crazy with rain! Lots of thunderstorms and heavy rain.
Looking forward to more goodies...welcome back!

Jo said...

Good to see you back Jo! Glad you had a good time depite the rain.

BetteJo said...

On every vacation some rain must fall. Okay, I just made that up. But it still sounds like you had a good time!

Beautiful jewelry too!

Anonymous said...

How fabulous that you went on holiday and it sounds like you had a wonderful time (despite the rain and sore feet)! Your newest creations are just fabulous and an early happy birthday to you both!! (the time does fly by way too fast!)

Anonymous said...

Please visit my blog for an award you've received - thanks!